In accordance with the CDC and IL state government guidelines, Geneva Fit will be implementing a number of safety protocols once we are allowed to open. These include:
1. There will be no group sessions – instead, the gym will have specific hours each day for coached training. For those wishing to participate in our scheduled workouts, the scheduling software will allow one person to sign up every 15 minutes for “one-on-one” training. Each person may stay at the gym for a total of 45 minutes to complete their workout. In this way, the maximum number of people working out at the gym at any given time will be limited to 3. If you do not sign up in advance, you will not be admitted.
2. Everyone will need to complete (and sign) a brief health questionnaire and have their temperature taken (no touch thermometer) before entering the main workout space. If answers to the questions put them at risk or their temperature is over 100.5 (per CDC), they will not be admitted.
3. Everyone will be given disinfectant and a cleaning cloth to clean their own equipment during and after the workout. Everyone will use yoga mats for floor work and clean them after use.
4. Everyone will be expected to maintain a 6 foot distance from others at the gym – there will be markings on the floor.
5. Of course, we will continue to clean and disinfect EVERY DAY, including floor care. Tuesday and Thursday will be reserved for personal training clients and deep cleaning (no coached sessions).
6. In order to keep the number of people that come through the gym to a minimum, there will be NO one time drop-in or 5-class pass options. The majority of people feel more comfortable with a limited number of members.